FIRST WEEK OF LENT(St. Andrew’s Orthodox Church)
- Monday-Thursday, 2/23-26, 6PM: Compline and Great Canon of Saint Andrew
- Friday, 3/27, 6 PM: Liturgy of Pre-Sanctified Gifts
LITURGY OF THE PRESANCTIFIED GIFTS: The Orthodox practice is to fast before these evening Liturgies from about noon (have a light lunch, then abstain from food and drink). Following the services, we will break the fast with a Lenten potluck meal.
- Wednesday, 3/4, 6 PM: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (Sts Peter & Paul)
- Wednesday, 3/11, 6 PM: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (St. Anthony’s)
- Wednesday, 3/18, 6 PM: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (St. Andrew’s)
- Wednesday, 3/25, 6 PM: Feast of the Annunciation (Sts Peter & Paul)
- Wednesday, 4/1, 6 PM: Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts (St. Anthony’s)
Next Fellowship and Study Meeting in Cranberrry: date TBA. We will start reading from Elder Porphyrios, who is more or less our contemporary (he died in 1991). The selection is "On the Church," from Wounded by Love: The Life and Wisdom of Elder Porphyrios. Click HERE for the text.
December 3: short essays by Mother Maria Skobtsova (+1944), one of the most recently canonized saints of the Church.
December 17: St Ignatius, Epistle to the Ephesians
February 4: St. Ignatius, Epistle tot the Ephesians, cont.
Baptism of Miruna Bucur (2 Feb 2014): video here.