April 25, 1948
Syrian Orthodox Church Association is created with the intention of starting a church in Butler, PA
Weekly services are held in the Syrian Hall. Fr. Alexander Curry and the Butler community discuss plans for the construction of a church. Metropolitan Antony (Bashir) gives his blessing for a church to be started in Butler, with the name of Saint Anthony.
Vespers is held at Saint Peter and Paul Church in Lyndora on November 2. A combined church service with the Ukranian faithful is held on Palm Sunday (April 26, 1959) at Saints Peter and Paul Ukranian Orthodox Church.
June 18, 1961
Ground broken at the church's current location. The church hall first used for meetings in 1962. Church services are also held in the hall twice a month.
July 5, 1970
Fr. James Deep ordained to the priesthood and assigned to our church. First Divine Liturgy is celebrated at Saint Anthony on July 12.
Building of the parish home at the south end of the church.
October 13, 1974
Metropolitan Philip consecrates the sanctuary.
Fr. Patrick Reardon is appointed to serve as the second priest of Saint Anthony.
Fr. Gregory Long is ordained to the Holy Priesthood and is appointed to serve at Saint Anthony.
Fr. Bogdan Bucur is appointed to serve at Saint Anthony. First Divine Liturgy is celebrated at Saint Anthony on August 22.
Deacon Martin Johson, Jr. is ordained to serve at Saint Anthony.